Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. tsdc Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Loading data into an array field in SM

Is there any way to load data into an array field in Service Manager?

How do you get a custom field to show in an Import Descriptor?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Loading data into an array field in SM

Yes you can import data in to array fields from the text file.

There are solved threads on forum, ty them and post in case of any challenge,

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Import-data-to-array-fields/m-p/4487752/highlight/true#M29786 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Import-from-text-file-to-array-field/m-p/5417741/highlight/true#M82185

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/importing-the-array-data-in-device-table/m-p/4683833/highlight/true#M45983

Absent Member..

Thank you!  I did read some posts that described how to format the input file.  The problem that I am now having is that my array field does not show as a field available to me in the import descriptor file.  This is a custom field, is there anyway to get that to show in the import descriptor?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I should also add that this is a structured array field, I don't know if that matters.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

You should be able to import arrays and structure arrays, I think we can start by looking at the file you are trying to import and check if it's correct,  can you please attach it here?

Regards,

0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You should use the field name as per dbdict not caption.

Also check the datadict, if this field  is made ‘available’ to select at other place in SM.

OOB, custom fields do not have restriction to display in import descriptor.

Absent Member..

Here is the file

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have also tried a csv file, attaching that also.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

The name of the array on the device dbdict is alert.support and the fields we are trying to update in this are alert.type,  alert.assignment, alert.area and alert.subarea

When creating the import descriptor these fields never show as avialable fields to select.

I'm attaching my device dbdict as well

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.