Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Locking RFC once it reaches Implementation phase

Jump to solution

Quick question...    (I've tried searching the forum but without success)

Can someone point out where I can configure HPSM so that once an RFC has reached the Implementation phase it can't be updated, including adding attachments?

Reason:  I've got some sneaky users who are taking Changes to CAB with their implemenation plans attached to the RFC but once they have CAB approval they are attaching new implemenation plans ' because they can'.  I want to lock down the RFC so that they can't update it after it's been approved at CAB.

I'm not sure if this is something that is done at the Phase level or within the user's Change Profile. I've looked at both, but nothing strikes me as obvious.

Thanks.

Tony

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Generally RFC should be locked in any phase, other than logging phase, for users other than approvers or coordinators.

The easiest way to achieve this could be from phase level only.

Open the 'Change implementation' phase definition ( using Change management -> Change phases) , 

Here on ‘Controls’ frame you will see the ‘Update’ field, just add you condition like,

<existing condition > and approval.status~=”approved”

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Generally RFC should be locked in any phase, other than logging phase, for users other than approvers or coordinators.

The easiest way to achieve this could be from phase level only.

Open the 'Change implementation' phase definition ( using Change management -> Change phases) , 

Here on ‘Controls’ frame you will see the ‘Update’ field, just add you condition like,

<existing condition > and approval.status~=”approved”

View solution in original post

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In classic change (pre-process designer), the phase definition record for each phase includes a set of controls. Update the condition in the Update Control to limit the ablity of users to update a change in that phase, the close control to limit who can close the phase, etc. 

In  a process designer build, edit the phase edit condition using the workflow editor.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Piku and John.

We've gone for the sledgehammer approach and just set Update to 'false' on the Change Implementation phase so NO updates (or attachements) are possible

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.