Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. WarrenPowers Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Login is very slow

Jump to solution

brav0, I did check the Inbox queries. The users land at Todo with the inbox of "My To Do List" or "My Group's To Do List". Here are their queries:

My To Do List: assignee=$lo.user.name and status~="Canceled" and status~="Closed"

My Group's To Do List: (itemType="probsummary" or itemType="incidents" or itemType="rootcause" or itemType="rootcausetask" or itemType="imTask" or itemType="cm3r" or itemType="cm3t"or itemType="timeperiodDefinition" or itemType="SurveyDefinition" or itemType="request" or itemType="requestTask") and group isin $lo.pm.assignments

I've also reattched yesterdays log.

TomPowe, I've attached a log with RTM:3 and debugdbquery:999.

Please rename the attached file to OperatorLogs.zip. Within you'll file log14080noRTM.log (yesterdays log) and log14080withRTM.log (new log today).

TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Right before it does that query, I see this in the logs.  Looks like you have Collaboration integration.  Can you review those ScriptLibrary records to see if you can locate the query? :

13238286(59244781) 12/06/2016 08:21:32  RTE D (0x3563B4F0)      DBACCESS - Cache Find   against file ScriptLibrary found 1 record (name="SMCRemoteService")
13238286(59244781) 12/06/2016 08:21:32  RTE D (0x3563B4F0)      DBACCESS - Cache Find   against file ScriptLibrary found 1 record (name="c")
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Good find! Surprisingly, we do not use Collaberation.

I could not find anything in SL c, however in SL SMCRemoteService there are some references.

First is here (around line 319:

/**
   * To get the contact's info by an operator, additionally, add the label to the contact info.
   */
  function getContactByOperator(operatorName, label, needPortrait){
    var operator = $('operator').select('tolower(name) = \"' + operatorName.toLowerCase() + '\"').uniqueResult();
    if(operator){
      var contact = getContact(operator.contact_name); // legacy SMC stored this field in xml
      contact.label = label;
      if(needPortrait){
        contact.portrait = getPortrait(operatorName);
      }
      return contact;
    }
    return null;
  }

Second is here (around line 489):

function getPortrait(userName){
    var operator = $('operator').select('tolower(name) = \"' + userName.toLowerCase() + '\"').uniqueResult();
    if(operator){
      var contact = $('contacts').select('contact.name = \"' + operator.contact_name + '\"').uniqueResult();
      if(!contact){
        return null;
      }
      var attachments = contact.getAttachments();
      for(var index in attachments){
        var attachment = attachments[index];
        if(attachment.name == contact.contact_name && attachment.attachmentType == 'img'){
          return {base64Image: compressImage(attachment.value, 64), mimeType: attachment.type};
        }
      }
    }
    return null;
  }

I can certainly change these libraries to not use the lower function, however is there a better solution? Thoughts?

I beleive these functions populate the data and icon in the upper right for the logged in user.

Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

First, let's verify that you don't have Collaboration enabled.  Try this out:

1.  Login as an Admin.

2.  Click System Administration > Ongoing Maintenance > Collaboration > Configuration to open the Collaboration Settings form.

3.  See if "Enable Collaboration" is checked.  If so, uncheck it.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

It is not checked.

Collaboration.png

Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm a little lost at this point. I don't have this in my environment, so I'm hoping someone can chime in.

Can you pull up the "smcconfig" table in Database Manager?  See how many records are in that table.  Go through them and see if you can see anything about Collaboration. 

You might want to open a ticket with HP if you haven't already.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

There are 10 records in the table. They don't seem relevant other than all but device are enabled for collaboration.

smcconfig.png

I do have an OOTB 9.41 environment. It also does not have this Script Library, however P3 was not applied to the OOTB environment.

As a test, i did change the statements in the SL to remove the lower calls and performance drastically improved. I'll raise an HP case to see what they say.

Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
Guys, were you able to resolve this ? Did you actually tweak in the SMCReporting SL ? Let us know what is done to resolve the slowness. thx
I am Listening..
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
*SMCReportService -- SL
I am Listening..
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi brav0,

We did update the SL. Here are the changes:

Starts at line ~319:

/**
   * To get the contact's info by an operator, additionally, add the label to the contact info.
   */
  function getContactByOperator(operatorName, label, needPortrait){
    //var operator = $('operator').select('tolower(name) = \"' + operatorName.toLowerCase() + '\"').uniqueResult();
    //WWP: Removed lower functions to improve performance
    var operator = $('operator').select('name = \"' + operatorName + '\"').uniqueResult();
    if(operator){
      var contact = getContact(operator.contact_name); // legacy SMC stored this field in xml
      contact.label = label;
      if(needPortrait){
        contact.portrait = getPortrait(operatorName);
      }
      return contact;
    }
    return null;
  }

Starts at line ~491:

function getPortrait(userName){
    //var operator = $('operator').select('tolower(name) = \"' + userName.toLowerCase() + '\"').uniqueResult();
    //WWP: removed lower functions to improve performance
    var operator = $('operator').select('name = \"' + userName + '\"').uniqueResult();
    if(operator){
      var contact = $('contacts').select('contact.name = \"' + operator.contact_name + '\"').uniqueResult();
      if(!contact){
        return null;
      }
      var attachments = contact.getAttachments();
      for(var index in attachments){
        var attachment = attachments[index];
        if(attachment.name == contact.contact_name && attachment.attachmentType == 'img'){
          return {base64Image: compressImage(attachment.value, 64), mimeType: attachment.type};
        }
      }
    }
    return null;
  }

So far the login time after this change is inline with expected duration. The change is currently being tested in lower environments, however we have found no issue thus far. Looks like this worked!

Established Member.. Brook Qi
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi, this issue is planned in SM 9.52 scope.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.