Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Made a secondary assignee array field for tickets but need to have it show in their Todo view

Jump to solution

Hello again experts!

I created a secondary assignee array field that I named assigneeMultiple. But the tickets where I enter the assigneeMultiple aren't showing in that user's todo queue that is entered in the ticket.

So far I have: 

• Added assigneeMultiple to the todo table
  • Added assigneeMultiple to the todo mapping for incidents
  • I was able to get the right assignee to show in the assigneeMultiple field on the view (I Attached a picture of this) but this isn't what I want, I need it to show in that user's todo queue for them. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Made a secondary assignee array field for tickets but need to have it show in their Todo view

Jump to solution
Another thing to try for that View:

assigneeMultiple isin {$lo.user.name}

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Made a secondary assignee array field for tickets but need to have it show in their Todo view

Jump to solution
Do you modify the query of the View that the users have so that it finds the tickets where the user is in that array?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hey Tom!

What I see is "assignee=$lo.user.name" for the global views, how do I get the view query to pull everyone's assigneeMultiple field? I'm not really sure what $lo.user.name, but can I recreate one for the assigneeMultiple or edit that one to include the assigneMultiple?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
$lo.user.name is just a variable that gets set when a user logs in and it's equal to that user's username.

Yes, you need to edit the Views and modify the query to include the assigneMultiple field. Something like "or $lo.user.name isin assigneeMultiple"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I added "or $lo.user.name isin assigneeMultiple"  and tried "or $lo.user.name is in assigneeMultiple", but it still isn't showing in the secondary assignee's queue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can you show me a screenshot of:

1.  The View query

2.  The Todo Dbdict (which shows the new field)

3. The TodoMap record for incidents

Also, in assigneeMultiple are you holding user names, or full names?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

view.JPGview2.JPGview3.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Also, i'm using usernames

todo.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

So I can get it to display both tickets with assigneeMultiple#"hullw" or assignee#"hullw" for just my acount, but $lo.user.name doesn't want to work with the assigneeMultiple field.

assigneeMultiple=$lo.user.name nor assigneeMultiple#"hullw" works.

The only qurery that seems to work with $lo.user.name is assignee=$lo.user.name.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

can you show me

1.  the dbdict of the incidents table
2.  Create a new incident with 2 or 3 people in the AssigneeMultiple, then pull up the RAD debugger and do:  d assigneeMultiple in $L.file and screenshot that.

Also, in your view, change the beginning of that to be:

(assignee=$lo.user.name or $lo.username isin assigneeMultiple) and... 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Another thing to try for that View:

assigneeMultiple isin {$lo.user.name}

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.