Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Federico Chaves Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Make ATTACHMENT Mandatory in CHANGE MODULE w/o ProcessDesigner

Hello Experts,

Im currently having an issue.

I used to validate if the record has and attachment by query/validation in formatcontrol to the SYSATTACHMENT table.

Now im customizing an implementation in version 9.30.016 and the validation is not working in change module.

I check and i see that the SYSATTACHMENT record is only being created after the CHANGE record is processed and saved (I can see the record in a post-add trigger).

So the question is.  Is there a way to validate that there's an attachment in the change module?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Att:

Federico Chaves.

Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Make ATTACHMENT Mandatory in CHANGE MODULE w/o ProcessDesigner

Hi,

A SYSATTACHMENT record requires a referece number (e.g. change number) to validate/associate the attachment(s). 

In modules like Service Desk we can configure the appliaction to submit the interaction ID before we click escalate/save so that's the reason why the attachment could be added inmediatly. I don't know if in Change Management that feature is available so, if not the attachment only can be added after the ID is generated so, after you click save.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Absent Member..

Hello Luis,

Thanks for your help.

In change category record, i have marked the "assign number" option.  And when I load the form, i can see the change number (before I press Save).

Is there any other way to validate this? or to modify so HPSM send the attachment first?

Thanks for your help.

Att:

Federico Chaves

Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Federico,

It's not possible to make an attachment mandatory. This is because the SYSATTACHMENTS table is a separate table, and we don't have a method/process to make an action performed against the SYSATTACHMENT table mandatory from an action performed within another table.

Regards,

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Federico,

The way how the attachments are handled in 9.33 is totally different. It has been improved. 

You can take a look and meybe suggest to customer to upgrade to that version.

Regards,

Absent Member..

Hello Luis,

Really, thanks for your input.

So in 9.33 we can check for the attachment? Im gonna set up an enviroment and test.

Can U tell me a little bit more on the attachments upgrade?

Thanks.

Att:
Federico.

Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Tried the FC way in 9.33 (9.30OOB migrated to 9. 33 (RTE and Apps)) and got the same issue 😞

I aprecciate any documentation you have on the new attachments funcionality.

THANKS.

Best Regards,

Federico Chaves
0 Likes
Trinadh143 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Federico,

I am also facign the same issue .i want to make attachment mandatory while saving the incident like in change using PD.

is there any way to do it.???

can you please replay me.

Thanks.

Triandha

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.