Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Make a field visible based on logged on user

Hello experts,

I have a quick question to ask. How can you make a field visible based on the user that is logged in? Based on if the user is in an assignment group.

If I have a user that is logged into the incident I want them to see certain fields but only if they are in the assignment group that I have in the visible condition.

This is performed in the thick client form designer.

Major incident.png

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Make a field visible based on logged on user

At some point before the form is drawn (e.g. RuleSet, displayscreen, formatctrl, etc.), do something like this:

if (assignment.group in $L.file isin $lo.pm.assignments) then ($showField="yep") else ($showField="nope")

Then put a little label on your form (not visible) with $showField as the input. Then use [$showField]="yep" as the visible condition for your original field.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.