Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Make whole form read-only

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

I am using process designer to show form that I want to be read only but I can't edit it because it uses the same subform as editable form and I want to leave it like that.

So I want to make a form whole form read-only whith script.

I found this instructions but I can't find a button that has a label "I/O (if RIO)"

https://www.linium.com/blogs/partners/hp-transformer-tech-tips/bid/128451/Programmers-Tip-Making-a-Form-Read-Only-in-Service-Manager

Does anyone know how to make a form read-only not by editing form but just loading it.

In process designer I have set up condition that will show that form.

And I don't want to use process designer "Form Edit Condition" I want to lock my own form.

image.png

Best regards,

Dino

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Make whole form read-only

Jump to solution

Hi @Kelalek2, I have managed to solve this problem currently for one module (Request Management) but I think that I will manage on others.

The procedure goes like this:

1. Find the Display Screen which you want to use
    1. That is done inside desktop client where you open the desired form and in rad debugger write

"display 1 in $L.screen" as said in instructions

2. A different approach is that you can see display screen in right-bottom part of the client where you can see a name of the form, besides the form inside parentheses there is a name of the view. It looks like this nameoftheform(nameoftheview)
  2. Copy form that you want to use so we don't lock "main" form
  3. In command line in upper - left corner write ds (display screen) and press "Enter"
  4. Open desired view (I have done this on Request Management module), I have written "rm.request.view"
  5. Make backup!
  6. Find variable $L.editable.flag inside code, because if you write condition inside of I/O (if RIO): field later on you will have sausage of code inside of it
    1. $L.editable.flag can be found inside of the code and then placed in I/O (if RIO):
    2. I/O (if RIO) field is filled "true" replace it with $L.editable.flag
  1. Find this $L.editable.flag=gui() and $L.update.flag and (open in $L.filed~=false or $L.mode="update") line of the code
  2. Update it with this $L.editable.flag=gui() and $L.update.flag and (open in $L.filed~=false or $L.mode="update") and nullsub($L.format, "")~="cpg.rm.request.fullfillment.read.only"
    1. This will block only my desired form not all forms on that view, you can of course add this line of code into I/O (if RIO) field but I think that it looks better inside of the code and you can add many more forms into code, you have better view at code...

Best regards,

Dino

3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Display Screen have a field called "I/O (If RIO)". Those can be found from Tailoring Tools > Display Screens. Is this what you're looking for?

To locate the correct Display Screen which "hosts" your form, open your form "live" (not in a Forms Designer but like a user would see it) in desktop client and check the bottom right corner and text inside parenthesis.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Kelalek2, I have managed to solve this problem currently for one module (Request Management) but I think that I will manage on others.

The procedure goes like this:

1. Find the Display Screen which you want to use
    1. That is done inside desktop client where you open the desired form and in rad debugger write

"display 1 in $L.screen" as said in instructions

2. A different approach is that you can see display screen in right-bottom part of the client where you can see a name of the form, besides the form inside parentheses there is a name of the view. It looks like this nameoftheform(nameoftheview)
  2. Copy form that you want to use so we don't lock "main" form
  3. In command line in upper - left corner write ds (display screen) and press "Enter"
  4. Open desired view (I have done this on Request Management module), I have written "rm.request.view"
  5. Make backup!
  6. Find variable $L.editable.flag inside code, because if you write condition inside of I/O (if RIO): field later on you will have sausage of code inside of it
    1. $L.editable.flag can be found inside of the code and then placed in I/O (if RIO):
    2. I/O (if RIO) field is filled "true" replace it with $L.editable.flag
  1. Find this $L.editable.flag=gui() and $L.update.flag and (open in $L.filed~=false or $L.mode="update") line of the code
  2. Update it with this $L.editable.flag=gui() and $L.update.flag and (open in $L.filed~=false or $L.mode="update") and nullsub($L.format, "")~="cpg.rm.request.fullfillment.read.only"
    1. This will block only my desired form not all forms on that view, you can of course add this line of code into I/O (if RIO) field but I think that it looks better inside of the code and you can add many more forms into code, you have better view at code...

Best regards,

Dino

Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for a nice informative wrapup, I learnt something new as well!

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.