Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Honored Contributor.. Ivis Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Manual Approval of change

Jump to solution

Hi - perhaps my system is out there, but here is what I want: 

Change Management takes control of the change when it enters the Analasys & Validation phase. 

There is a group called Change Managers - where one must approve is set up. 

When they enter the change Approval Status is set to approved automatically and they want manual apporoval. 
So it looks like when a member of the apporval group takes control the approval status is changed to approved. 

Moving on -> They want a CAB phase for changes that needs more discussion -> same issue here. Sends the ticket to CAB phase - approval status is approved at once and it just skips to deployment phase. 

Is there a way to force manual approval? I have tried to set up rulesets that sets approval.status= ''pending' but this does not work. 

Looks like as long as you are a member of the approval group - changes will be automatically approved anyawas. 

Ivis. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Re: Manual Approval of change

Jump to solution

Forget about it - set approval on open to false in object recoord. 

My brain sometimes.... 

Ivis out. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Re: Manual Approval of change

Jump to solution

Forget about it - set approval on open to false in object recoord. 

My brain sometimes.... 

Ivis out. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.