Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Manually update an operator record without sysadmin

Jump to solution

I am looking to have some of our personnel update operator records as needed to support our business.  However, the only way I can get them to be able to do so is by making them (or giving them) sysadmin access which is not acceptable.  Is there another role or capability word that I can use to provide these people the ability to update the operator only without providing ultimate access across the system.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

According to your concern, I have found a capability called "EditOperators" but this only allows the editing of the password in operator records.

However, I believe this is not a good idea because this may compromise the security of the system.

It is right that only administrators can update the operator records.

Cris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

According to your concern, I have found a capability called "EditOperators" but this only allows the editing of the password in operator records.

However, I believe this is not a good idea because this may compromise the security of the system.

It is right that only administrators can update the operator records.

Cris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
You can tailor the capability to allow users with "EditOperators" or a custom capability word like "OperAdmin" to maintain/update operator records without granting the user additional admin access.
I'm not at am SM system at the moment, but you'd want to:
--add a menu item that is conditionally visible to users with that capability word that allows the user to search for an operator record and either update via the standard operator.g form or use a custom form which only includes those fields they are supposed to maintain.
--update the format control conditions for the form to enable/disable privileges as needed.

You can tailor similar capabilities to allow selective administrative access across the system: a customer recently added an option for selected users to maintain location, operator, and assignment group data , for example.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

As John said that would be better way for same.
You can use capability word and hide the extra notebook tabs or fields.
Or on current OOB form add new tab with desired fields and make this only visible for user other than sysadmin.
You can control it by user role also and just need extra menu line for users.

hth,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.