Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marking CI/Service unavailable for a Incident

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

How can I make a CI/Service unavailable for the Incident. Is there any configuration.

-DK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Marking CI/Service unavailable for a Incident

Jump to solution

Here are the steps to edit the link record.  I have attached a screenshot of the final step.

the link for incidents is called probsummary

- in your command line type link
- in the link file page that comes up, type probsummary in the name field and click search
- find the line that says logical.name in the Source Field Name column and device in the Target File Name column.  This is the line that links the Affected CI to the CI in the device table.
- click on the word logical.name and then right click on device and choose Select Line
- put your query in the Expressions tab and save. - see screenshot

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

You can use the link record to say that certain statuses or groups of CIs don't show.

For examle, in my incidents link record in the Expressions tab I have:

$query="(istatus<>\"Retired/Consumed\")"

if (not (null(logical.name in $File))) then $query+=" and logical.name#logical.name in $File"

This prevents the service desk from populating the interaction with any CI that is in a Retired status.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thankyou for the reply

I have to make CI unavailable for certain period of time incase the CI is under maintainence.. How can I frame that Query

-DK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Does the CI change status?  You would insert that status into the query.  If the CI doesn't change status or anything like that then it would be hard to do this.  You could do it by name but then you'd have to edit the query everytime a CI is under maintenace that doesn't isn't ideal at all. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes CI Status is changed. How will I write the query the?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Just as I wrote above, but instead of "Retired/Consumed" you would use whatever status that you are trying to filter out.

$query="(istatus<>\"Retired/Consumed\")"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi fcdb,

Can you please name the link record which we need to refer for incidents. Steps to navigate to that record will be helpful please

HB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Here are the steps to edit the link record.  I have attached a screenshot of the final step.

the link for incidents is called probsummary

- in your command line type link
- in the link file page that comes up, type probsummary in the name field and click search
- find the line that says logical.name in the Source Field Name column and device in the Target File Name column.  This is the line that links the Affected CI to the CI in the device table.
- click on the word logical.name and then right click on device and choose Select Line
- put your query in the Expressions tab and save. - see screenshot

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.