Trusted Contributor.. ainert Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Menu item to open form with data

Jump to solution

Hi,

How to create menu item to open form with data and skip search form? For example i have a custom table "test" with columns "id" and "text". There is only one raw in the table: id=123 and text="test". Now i'd like to add under Incident Management menu item to open form my.test.form with data id=123. Could it be possible?
Using HP SM 9.41.

Ainer

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Ngoc_Ngo_SM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Menu item to open form with data

Jump to solution

Hi,

To create a new menu item, please type menu in your SM command line -> enter -> when the menu form appears, click on search-> choose the menu you want to  add and add it. And for the example, For example i have a custom table "test" with columns "id" and "text". There is only one raw in the table: id=123 and text="test". Now i'd like to add under Incident Management menu item to open form my.test.form with data id=123., if you want to configure your system this way, I am afraid you should contact the PSO team as this is customization issue and need a deep customization in rad and the system.

Hope it helps!

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Ngoc_Ngo_SM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

To create a new menu item, please type menu in your SM command line -> enter -> when the menu form appears, click on search-> choose the menu you want to  add and add it. And for the example, For example i have a custom table "test" with columns "id" and "text". There is only one raw in the table: id=123 and text="test". Now i'd like to add under Incident Management menu item to open form my.test.form with data id=123., if you want to configure your system this way, I am afraid you should contact the PSO team as this is customization issue and need a deep customization in rad and the system.

Hope it helps!

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. ainert Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Actually the answer was quite simple. Add an item to your menu where Application=se.search.engine; Parameter Name={"name","query"} and Parameter Value={"your form name","query definition if needed, in my case just true"}

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.