Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Message : Change control when close operation "Change cannot be closed until all Tasks are closed "

Hi!
Could someone please tell which "format control" or "process" checks that call Rad Application : cm3r.main.check.tasks for verifying that all tasks are closed before closing change .
I checked in "master format control" of change and in "cm.close" process i didn't found the calling of Rad Application .
Please help me, where this Rad Application is called and used ?
Thank You!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Message : Change control when close operation "Change cannot be closed until all Tasks are

Hi,

Check RAD App "cm.close". There you have validation againts tasks.

Best Regards

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Message : Change control when close operation "Change cannot be closed until all Tasks are

Depending on the version of HPSM you are running, you can modify this behavior in the Change Phase definition record.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply,

I would to know which moment and where this control or checks is called and applied before closing the change .
Please you can help me ,how can i change this behavior if required ?
I work on HPSM 7.11 version ,but simultaneously i work on another version HPSM 9.34 on another server .

Many Thanks .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

As the previous poster indicated, this is called inside a RAD application 'cm.close', and you cannot modify RAD in any current Service Manager system.

However, as I said in my original post, you can control this in the Change Phase definition record.  It will work for 9.34; I don't remember if 7.11 had this functionality yet, but I think it did.  

In both systems, the rules for how the Change behaves is controlled by the Change Phase definition records for the phases in that Change Category.  The idea at work is, there may be Tasks that get generated within a given Change Phase that need to be completed before that Phase is complete, while there may be other Change phases that allow a Task to stay open for longer than just that Change Phase.

Log in as a SysAdmin or ChMAdmin and use the Menu Navigation to access Change Management -> Changes -> Change Phases.  Search for the Phase where you want to allow the Change Task to stay open when the Change closes.

Go to the Model/Tasks tab, and there should be a checkbox 'Allow phase to close with open tasks.'  With this checkbox checked, the system will allow the Change Phase to close, even if there are Tasks still open.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

THANKS Jacob for your explaination ,

But the raison of my question, Not to remove this controle ,but to know the way which it was made.
I explain :
On HP SM7.10 this controle is perform correctly, i can't close change if tasks is still open that's perfect for me .
But now, I want to reproduce this control on my actuel HPSM9 server i don't know why they didn't work like HPSM7
Just for information :I work recently on hpsm9 in my entreprise ,may be previous administrator has modified something .
How i can restaure this controle on HPSM9 ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hmm... that's a different question.  How it _should_ be controlled is within the Change Phase definintion record.  If that is no longer controlling the Task behavior because of something the previous developer did, there's not really a way for someone who is not in front of the system to see what he did and explain to you how to fix it.

My best guess is something in the Process record; so I'd compare the Process that gets called when the Change Phase is closing and compare that in an OOB system to your modified system.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.