Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Message Number Sequences for Notifications

I thought that I remember hearing in class or on a message board that certain ranges of message numbers are classified for certain uses and that customized messages should be in a range outside of the delivered ranges.  I cannot find this on any message board or in help or in my notes.

Am I remembering this correctly or have I had too much eggnog this Christmas?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Beth,

Have not dig so deep towards the message numbering (thought it was random numbers choosen by developers) but if you will find anything regarding this will be very pleased to see it in this post. Or maybe you really too much enjoyed christmass:smileyhappy:?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's not so much that some ranges are reserved, just that some numbers are already being used.  If you replace the existing messages with your own, you're bound to get unexpected results.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A simple way to manage custom messages is to use a company value for the class of all of your custom messages:

If the licensed customer is ABC, and you use the message class of "abc" with your own numbers, you won't conflict with any existing messages or future messages added by HP. 

This will work only in cases where you can specify the class of the message to be called (e.g. the notification engine). For format control messages, where the message must be of class "fc" you could use numbers starting with 5000 to avoid a conflict.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.