Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Migrate Change Category workflow to PD workflow

Hello,

I'm migrating from a SM 9.30 classic to a 9.41 PD.

In my old system I have all the change categories with their Workflows, I would like to know if there is some way to migrate these workflows into new Proccess Designer workflows automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Giorgio

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Migrate Change Category workflow to PD workflow

Greetings.

As far as I know the worflow is the same in all systems, what it changes is the information, but an upgrade should work normally, maybe another partner here can corroborate this information. Something that could come up as an issue is if you there are missing rulsets or forms with different names, things that you have to be careful when upgrading.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

thanks for the reply. Anyway I think I didn't explain very well my situation, I'll try to give an example:

Current system SM 9.30 (without Process Designer (PD))

New system SM 9.41 (with PD)

In the current system for example I have the Change categories:

CatA (with its workflow A)

CatB (with its workflow B)

In the new system (after the migration and the activation of the PD), the workflows A and B are not reflected at all.

I would like to avoid to create all the workflows for all categories by hand, so my question is:

Is there a way to transform the workflows A and B in two PD workflows automatically, or by script?

Thanks.

Giorgio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Against a copy of your 9.3x system, you could apply the PD3 Content Pack (the last Change Only PD content pack) and, when you apply the content pack it will automatically upgrade your current categories to PD workflows. You can then migrate the workflows to your new system. I would have expected that enabling PD in 9.41 would upgrade change similarly, but that may have been only for the content packs (don't know for sure).

Note that the upgraded categories still call legacy tailoring tools ets(e.g. format control) and if you have a project goal to migrate to Codeless, rebuilding the workflows in 9.41 using workflow editor and rulesets might still be a better approach. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.