Trusted Contributor.. SCSM123 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Migration Path for SM 9.34, due to HP/HPE split

Jump to solution

Mainly due to the splitting of HP/HPE, but also wanting to upgrade, I am working to determine the best migration path from 9.34 P5 (non-Process Designer).  

My main goal is to get off of 9.34, because of the support ending later this year.  I would eventually want to migrate to codeless, but need to avoid the considerable amount of effort and complexity of having to reimplement all modules at once, so I will not be going straight to codeless.  

Has anyone done this? Can you please provide recommendations on the best path?  

Below is a list of possible upgrade paths that I have identified:   

1) Upgrade directly to 9.5x Hybrid. 

2) Upgrade to 9.41 Classic then to 9.5x Hybrid. 

3) Upgrade to PDCP3 then to 9.5x Hybrid. 

4) Upgrade to PDCP3 then 9.41 Hybrid then to 9.5x Hybrid.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
JD_Jinesta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Migration Path for SM 9.34, due to HP/HPE split

Jump to solution

Hi SCSM123,

Personally I prefer to go slow regarding upgrades. With that being said I suggest this:

1- If you have limited time and resources go to 9.41 Classic

2- If you have enough time and you are aware of the customization level in your system and it's not extensive go to 9.5x Hybrid.

3- If you have a lot of time and your system customization level is high I'll go to PDCP3 and then to 9.41 Codeless that will go easily into 9.5x Codeless.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi SCSM123,

Personally I prefer to go slow regarding upgrades. With that being said I suggest this:

1- If you have limited time and resources go to 9.41 Classic

2- If you have enough time and you are aware of the customization level in your system and it's not extensive go to 9.5x Hybrid.

3- If you have a lot of time and your system customization level is high I'll go to PDCP3 and then to 9.41 Codeless that will go easily into 9.5x Codeless.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, JD. 

My time and resources are definetly limited, so I think that going to 9.41 would be a good comprimise.  It would keep us in support until 2019 thus giving us additional time for looking at the upgrade to 9.5x.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Glad to help. Please if you don't mind set this topic with "accept as solution". Have a wonderful day

SM Support Engineer

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I've been doing some more thinking on this and have a followup question....

What patch do you recommend upgrading to?  Do you recommened immediatly going to the latest patch (P5) or going to an earlier patch?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can always use latest patch, just follow the documentation so you don't miss steps.

Also anytime we will ask to use the latest patch because it includes more fixes and unless in the support software web site is a warning to not use it, latest patch will always be the best version.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.