Acclaimed Contributor.

Migration to newer version of Windows server

Hello.

We have 4 servers for SM

1) DB - MS SQL

2) SRC (SSO: IIS-TomCat)

3) Application

4) WebTier

All this servers uses Windows 2008 server and now we need migrate to last Windows 2016 server.

if we install a new windows servers, how must i migrate everything to it so that everything works ?

As I see it:

1) DB

a) Full backup of DB

b) Restore from backup on new windows server

2) SRC

a) Backup config files (just backup all tomcat, src folders, write current IIS settings )

b) Restore folders from backup (or setup and overwrite them from backup)

3) APP

a) backup LIC file, sm.ini, sm.cfg and all keystore files  for SSO

b) Install SM app, and overwrite it by files from backup

4) WebTier

a) backup tomcat config files (or backup folder tomcat), and sertificates

b) install and overwrite it by files from backup.

Do i miss something ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vu Quang Khoi Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Migration to newer version of Windows server

I think you have enough things to do. You can also check Delta Migration Tool part from SM help server, it's there in SM from 9.34

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Check HP Support Matrix to make sure OS version is supported by your HPSM version, also check subproducts like MSSQL, IIS and Tomcat.. if everything is supported and you are in a virtual environment you should consider upgrade windows instead... its easier and works like a charm 🙂

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. HPSW_Consult Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

If you are using connect-IT or AM the settings and configuration files would be stored in Program Data and Users folder.

If you are storing the eventout records after sending email (using keepmail) you need to keep the scmail.chk file as well. Otherwise this may send the emails again.

Out of curiosity, which version of SM are you using? Because I can see only SM 9.51 and above supports Windows Server  2016. So you may have to upgrade the SM to the latest version with the application compatibility.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

1) What settings and configuration files are stored in Program Data and Users folder ?

For example i have 2 folders in Program Data that can be needed: 

-com.hp.autopass

-ConnectIt

Users folder - you mean Profile of windows user - what do i need there ?

2) where is this file (scmail.chk) usually located ? (or where can i check for "using keepmail")

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.