Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Minimized left menu in WEB - ESS by default

How to make that in web by default in ess the left menu would be minimized ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Minimized left menu in WEB - ESS by default

Browser loads the latest menu navigation style when user logs in.    If it was minimized (only icons)  it loads minimized.  If it was text menu , it loads text menu.   Why do you need to this ?  Did you checked web.xml parameters? There are some parameters about menus.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

it's just a requirement of the management.

Since it duplicates the links on the main screen, which are made in the form of icons. That's why need hide\minimized it by default.

Yes, i did check web.xml and did not found it.

showNavIcon - Show or Hide ICON in left menu. not menu itself.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You're right. I missed that. That's only the icon and not the menu. The only other parameter is enableSideBarMenu but that does not sound right either. I could not find any parameter for collapsing navigator. You may want to submit this as an enhancement in the Idea Exchange.

Only consolidation is that once, you collapse the navigator, the web client will remember that mode for the next login. Not useful if you left it open before you logoff.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.