Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Modify CM search engine

Hi Expert!

I was trying to add new filed on search form of change management (Agency A and Agency B). I have created new combox on fd.. I am able to get the info of department information on (agency A and agency B).  

While searching its retudrning null value, Kindly assist me. Where I need to add this value.

Best Regards,
Tom
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Modify CM search engine

It could be a lot of things:

Did you add the fields to the dbdict, or just the forms?  If you did add it to the dbdict, did you log out and log back in after modifying the dbdict to apply your changes?  Did you validate that your system is able to make changes to the underlying database when you modify the dbdict, or do you also need to manually update the underlying database?  On the forms, did you set the input of the fields to your new custom fields in the dbdict, or did you accidentally update the "label' instead of the input?

There's a lot of basic troubleshooting steps to look at.  Start there

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Jacob,

In the dbdict and form designer both the places, I have add this values, Its showing the deprtment information, But with this agrugment no records are found.

Please find the screen shot with more detailed description. 

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi 

When you open a Search Screen can you navigate to expert search ans see if there is automatic query being shown there ?

Regards 

AA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In forms designer, make sure that the comfill or combo box object has the fieldname specified in the inout property. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

I don't think you have to add a field in DBdict and then a combobox on the change search form.

go to Object"cm3r">Search configuration(tab)

in the defined quries type the field name with the query and field description.automatically the defined field will come on the seacrh screen.

Thanks

Jagabandhu Padhy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.