Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Modify a format show in the HPSM "taskplanner"?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a question about the "taskplanner" view.

Since the view of "taskplanner" only work on the web... I couldn't trace it so I have no idea where to modify.

Couldn't figure out what the system call with this line:

taskplanner;Name=taskplanner1393495178767 changeCategory=category changeModelId=number ?Editable=[$taskplannerflag]="true" ?Visible= Editable=0 editorType=ticket Height=30 Name=taskplanner1393495178767 parentFile=request Width=168 X=2 Y=0

I couldn't find the format... I'm not even sure of the file that I use at that point..

But what I want it's quite easy. Just look request_q2.jpg. I just want to modify the bottom part.

request_q2.jpg

Basicly, I want when someone use the button "new task" on the task plan, I want to automaticly fill some "properties" on the task and probably make "read-only" some field for certain class of user.

Anyway idea where I should be able to modify this?

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Modify a format show in the HPSM "taskplanner"?

Jump to solution

So... I've done some digging this morning, and the short answer is "accomplishing this will probably not be worth the effort".

The longer version is that those fields are established by the chMtaskPropSheet.js file, way down in the \js\version\chM folder of the webapp, and are therefore not "controllable" in the way that most other SM forms can be manipulated. It's theoretically possible, I suppose, to customize that JS into doing what you want, but to try and control the fields at the granular level you want may not be worth the effort. Also, those functions and parameters are already established (especially the ones which call objects external to that file), and backtracking everywhere to establish new vars and logic to make use of that vars definitely sounds like a bridge too far, especially given that HP will never support customization of this nature.

Now, all that being said, that's where the form is controlled, so if you want to play around with it, feel free. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Modify a format show in the HPSM "taskplanner"?

Jump to solution

So... I've done some digging this morning, and the short answer is "accomplishing this will probably not be worth the effort".

The longer version is that those fields are established by the chMtaskPropSheet.js file, way down in the \js\version\chM folder of the webapp, and are therefore not "controllable" in the way that most other SM forms can be manipulated. It's theoretically possible, I suppose, to customize that JS into doing what you want, but to try and control the fields at the granular level you want may not be worth the effort. Also, those functions and parameters are already established (especially the ones which call objects external to that file), and backtracking everywhere to establish new vars and logic to make use of that vars definitely sounds like a bridge too far, especially given that HP will never support customization of this nature.

Now, all that being said, that's where the form is controlled, so if you want to play around with it, feel free. 🙂

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.