TPRMT Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Modify incident search form

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am modifying the incident search form to include two new fields to search in Incident Management ->Search incidents. 

So i added the new fields X and Y in im.advFind.incident.search using Form Designer. 

I treid to check the search configuration record Under Database engine to see if i need to change anything over there to include these new fields to be searched. But the search configuration record does not have anything related to what fields to be searched. 

Can someone let me know where and all i should make a change to add the new fields X and Y to be able to search and provide results when matching found.  Appreciate your help in this.

Thanks,

USSKT.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Modify incident search form

Jump to solution

you must run these commands when you open an incident (in which stored your value for new field vendor)

24 Replies
Luis_G_SM Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

hello

could you share some screenshots of the properties of those custom fields and were they are define in the dbdict record for that module. 

this could help by pointing to an specific thing that may be failing.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have just created them using form designer. No logical linking is done. I wanted to know where all i need to make the change to keep this field appear in incident search. I tried to check 

Tailoring->Document Engine ->Search Configuration Record. But do not know what to update here. It has no field level changes to do.

Confused.

Please help me.

Thanks,

USSKT.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm not shure what do you mean. But it's enough to add created fields to form.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Let me explain.

I have added to new fields to "im.advFind.incident.search" form as this the one used when we click "Search Incidents" from Incident module.  

Other than adding new fields i did not make any other change. I want to use these fields to search and provide results as like any other field in search form. Currently it is not doing that. I know i need to do some logical change. I want to know where i need to make changes and how.  Can you help please.

Thanks,

USSKT.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Add more screenshots.

You have shown only the displayed fields, let us to see properties of this field in FD and also show this field in DBDICT.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Adding screenshots.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

So your field name is _vendor ? (underscore before vendor)

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Then why did you set vendor without underscore in FD ?

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am sorry. It is not with _(underscore). From the all fields view it looks like _ in front of variable. But when i opened it and saw it is only Vendor. I added the snapshot for that variable alone viewed. Also i am using name of the variable not SQL name. Is that correct.

Kindly let me know what else is wrong here to acheive the desired result. 

Thanks for you help and time so far.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Where is screenshot with "alone viewed"

In dbdict open line with vendor and show us.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry forgot to attach.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

What is wrong ? You type value in your new fileds on search form and found no records ?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have an incident that as updated with

Vendor/supplier(db name: Vendor)=WIS(as value).

When i make a search from "Search incidents" by giving the value in Vendor/Supplier as "WIS", it says no record found. Thats the prob.

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.