I am modifying the incident search form to include two new fields to search in Incident Management ->Search incidents.
So i added the new fields X and Y in im.advFind.incident.search using Form Designer.
I treid to check the search configuration record Under Database engine to see if i need to change anything over there to include these new fields to be searched. But the search configuration record does not have anything related to what fields to be searched.
Can someone let me know where and all i should make a change to add the new fields X and Y to be able to search and provide results when matching found. Appreciate your help in this.
could you share some screenshots of the properties of those custom fields and were they are define in the dbdict record for that module.
this could help by pointing to an specific thing that may be failing.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
I have just created them using form designer. No logical linking is done. I wanted to know where all i need to make the change to keep this field appear in incident search. I tried to check
Tailoring->Document Engine ->Search Configuration Record. But do not know what to update here. It has no field level changes to do.
Please help me.
Let me explain.
I have added to new fields to "im.advFind.incident.search" form as this the one used when we click "Search Incidents" from Incident module.
Other than adding new fields i did not make any other change. I want to use these fields to search and provide results as like any other field in search form. Currently it is not doing that. I know i need to do some logical change. I want to know where i need to make changes and how. Can you help please.
Add more screenshots.
You have shown only the displayed fields, let us to see properties of this field in FD and also show this field in DBDICT.
I am sorry. It is not with _(underscore). From the all fields view it looks like _ in front of variable. But when i opened it and saw it is only Vendor. I added the snapshot for that variable alone viewed. Also i am using name of the variable not SQL name. Is that correct.
Kindly let me know what else is wrong here to acheive the desired result.
Thanks for you help and time so far.