Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Modify the Change ID for a particular change category

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Service Manager 9.52

We have created a new category in Change Management Module called Opportunity for Improvement. 

What We need is that whenever the user selects this category, the ID number to be instead of CRXXXXX, to become OFIXXXXX. 

Is that possible?

i have created a rule to modify this number & replace the "CR" by "OFI", but the first time I click on submit the change it shows the number OFIXXXXX but when I cancel it & try to search for it again, i can't because it returns back to CRXXXXX. (This rule is applied on Add, After Add, Initial, Update, After Update)
But later on, when I save the change the number becomes OFIXXXXX (because of the above rules). The issue is when I create the change.

Can you tell me from where this is controlled? I know from Sequential Numbers but there is no place to set a rule on the Sequential number.

Can you please help?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Betreff: Modify the Change ID for a particular change category

Jump to solution

Hi ulto1,

have you checked the field "Assign nummber before commit?" in the category record?

change-cat.png

If checked SM calls the getnumber function from the change.new application:

change-new-app.png

The number class is always "cm3r"!

I think this is the problem...

Bo 😉

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi ulto1,

have you checked the field "Assign nummber before commit?" in the category record?

change-cat.png

If checked SM calls the getnumber function from the change.new application:

change-new-app.png

The number class is always "cm3r"!

I think this is the problem...

Bo 😉

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thank you for your reply. The Assign Number before commit did the trick (along with the ruleset that I have created).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.