Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Move tickets from HPSM 9.3 to 9.4

Hello,

I would like to move all closed Incident tickets from an HPSM instance version 9.3 to a newer one 9.4.

Do I export the data from db to an excel file and upload in the new HPSM, how exactly would it be done, what table do I look for?

I have the option to use ConnectIT, but I am not familiar with it, any ideas how it can be done via that?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Taner

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Move tickets from HPSM 9.3 to 9.4

The best way would be to write a javascript on 9.3 that queries the closed incidents and one by one send them via rest/soap to 9.4.

Forget Connect.It. Way too complicated to do when you are not familiar with that application.

But why would you even do that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the info.

A customer has upgraded his system from HPSM 9.3 to HPSM 9.4 where they have a fresh system, they want to keep all their closed tickets from the previous version. My task would be to move them to the new one. How would it be possible to do it with javascript(any code suggestion, since I am not very familiar with it).

What about the unload script, would that work, or not all data would be exported in that way(like attachments for example)?

Taner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Import of old records from HPSM 9.3x to 9.4x can be VERY tricky.
There are so many things that can go wrong in the process.

If you do decide that you absolutely need to import the closed records, here are some things you should pay attention:
-do you have attachments? You must also import the SYSATTACHMENTS table.
-do you have activities? You must also import the activities table.
-do you have related records? Then you must also import the SCRELATE table. You need to do 2 separate imports: one for the "source" records and one for the "depends". Also, you must import the corresponding interactions/problems/changes/etc related records.
-make sure that all tables have the same fields and that each field can have the same type of data. For example, status has different values in the 2 HPSM versions (such as open-idle->categorization).

Therefore, you could first export to csv and see what needs modification before you import to 9.4x.(maybe compare an example record from both environments)
Of course, you must also pay attention to the numbering of EVERY table you import. If the numbering is not correct, your imports can really mess up your existing open records.

Even if you pay attention to the above, I don't know what else could go wrong in the process.
My advice would be to try and persuade your customer to leave the old VM (even switched off) with the 9.3x installation and DB as-is and switch it on whenever they want to pull something for reporting.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks very much for the advice, I will have these notes into consideration.

Regards,

Taner

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I've done once a similar "from old to new" transformation and because both old and new installations used a same SQL database server, I basically copied the records I needed from the old to the new environment. INSERT INTO or something like that...So it's doable.

I forgot to adjust all the relevant settings in the number record (activities) and it caused some issues, but nothing severe.

At that time (SM 7.11  -> SM.921), that was a daring move due to my lower experience, I'd think twice before repeating the same procedure again.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.