Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving Approval button from More button on Main menu to Directly on Main Menu

Jump to solution

Hi Team ,

Got a request to Move Approval button from More button dropdown on Main menu to Directly on Main Menu .

PFA.

Using SM_9.40 .

Kindly let me know how to achieve this task.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Moving Approval button from More button on Main menu to Directly on Main Menu

Jump to solution

The items listed in the tray in non-Process Designer systems all have display option GUI IDs between 1 and 15 (I think it's 15 {EDIT: nope, it's anything under 200 as noted below). Items 1 through 9 are pretty much used consistently in the system for base functions, so don't reuse those.

You could create duplicate approval display options with those numbers. Note that you would want to remove the nesting from the name field (Approval<Approve, Approval>Deny). Copy the complete display option condition, it automatically only displays the approval option if the user is a pending approver.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Moving Approval button from More button on Main menu to Directly on Main Menu

Jump to solution

The items listed in the tray in non-Process Designer systems all have display option GUI IDs between 1 and 15 (I think it's 15 {EDIT: nope, it's anything under 200 as noted below). Items 1 through 9 are pretty much used consistently in the system for base functions, so don't reuse those.

You could create duplicate approval display options with those numbers. Note that you would want to remove the nesting from the name field (Approval<Approve, Approval>Deny). Copy the complete display option condition, it automatically only displays the approval option if the user is a pending approver.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Nikhil,

The GUI option should be less than  200 so that you can see it on the main page not on the more option.

use some gui option like 10 or 30.which will send the option to the main form.

Thanks

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hey John , 

Thanks for your response , however i am still stuck with the request.

I tried giving the GUI Option within 20 , but only the position of Approval> option changes within More button Dropdown.

PFA.

Also , currently Approval> shows me 3 things :

Approval>Approve

Approval>Deny

Approval>Retract

But when i try to change for the GUI Option for Approval>Approve within 20 , then Approval> shows me 2 things only :

Approval>Deny

Approval>Retract

Please through some more light on it as i am not getting the right way to achieve this .

Also could you please let me know the significance of "Text Option" and "Bank" with respect to Display Options.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jagabandhu,

Thanks for your response , but changing the GUI option with in 30 doesn't solve my issue.

PFA.

Any other way to get the request fulfilled.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.