Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Multi-tenancy Configuration

Hope somebody could help me and answer the following questions:

1.  What are things (e.g., folder entitlement, Mandanten, etc.) that I need to configure for a multi-company SM environment?

2.  Do I need to set up different databases per company ?

3.  Is it possible to have different interfaces per company? (e.g., ESS and forms)

Really appreciate any response.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Multi-tenancy Configuration

Regarding you first questions, you can refer to help

With respect to the second question, Multi company mode in SM is based on fields. The data cannot be save on seperate DB like in uCMDB

Related to ESS it would display the information in ESS menu and you may have to customize the menu for each customer. The forms for Incident can be created based on Categories, in case of change and problem it is based on Phase.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hope somebody could help me and answer the following questions:

1.  What are things (e.g., folder entitlement, Mandanten, etc.) that I need to configure for a multi-company SM environment? Please see the attached Multi-Client Best Practices PDF. There may be a newer version available from HP online.

2.  Do I need to set up different databases per company ? No. A single SM Database. You use Mandanten combined with Folders (if desired) to segment the data.

3.  Is it possible to have different interfaces per company? (e.g., ESS and forms) Yes. The ESS Forms presented to a user are defined in their SD Profile. So you can define different forms for each company for self-service, and use different SD profiles for each company.

It is also possible, but requires more advanced tailoring, to define unique interaction formats as well. However, as the previous posted noted, at the Incident level, formats are tied to category. It would probably be easier, both to build and to support, if you use DVD form elements to manage company variations from the norm for Interactions and Incidents.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi John,

For point 3 above, does it also includes different workflow that the tenant may have?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.