Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Multiple check box

I'm have a scenario.

"MyField" has 4 check box options. It allows user to select multiple check boxes.

- Checkbox1

- Checkbox2

- Checkbox3

- Checkbox4

How can I enable user to select 1 or up to 4 options and store the values in "MyField"

When retrieved MyField, it shows "Checkbox1", "Checkbox2", "Checkbox3", "Checkbox4"

Is this possible?

Thanks

Amy K
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Multiple check box

Not really; if you want such behaviour in fact you need four fields. Or you create variables related to checkbox and on the fc/ruleset you parse the values into/out a field.
I'd go for the first option.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Can you share the 1st option example?

I was testing out using List Builder - it did achieve the 1 field with multiple values - but its not ultimately ideal at this point. So im still looking around.
Amy K
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As the checkboxes are mutually exclusive of each others, 1st option means:

- Checkbox1 - Myfield1

- Checkbox2 - Myfield2

- Checkbox3 - Myfield3

- Checkbox4- Myfield4

1 field for each checkbox. To you, they may have a relationship but for storage and independent selections, they are just 4 different boolean fields.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I'm not sure for what purpose you want it captured this way, but have you considered having the independent fields to store the checkbox values and then one additional field to contain an array of the combined checkbox values?  You could just copy each field value into a position within the array field.

Audrey

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.