Highlighted
New Member.

NEED TO ADD A SURVEY URL IN EMAIL TEMPLATE IN HP SERVICE MANAGER

Jump to solution

Hello Guys,

Im in a big fix now.I need to add a survey URL to the emails being sent out by service manager when a ticket is closed.Unfortunately,i do not know where to do this or where to find the template.

SCSMTP is being used to send emails in the environment.

Please assist as this is very urgent

Thanks

0 Likes
29 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Now go to Tailoring - Notifcations - Messages.  Search for Class=pm and Message Number=314.  Take a look and see if that looks like the email that is currently sent.  Modify that if it is.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

as I wrote in my first messages, the message body is in the "message" field of "scmessage" file

To find it:

-in command line of SM type db and search for "scmessage" table/ "massage.edit" form

-looking at your screenshot I can recommend the search for class=pm and message.id=314 (or may be 315)

-if record found, put cursor to message field and press Ctrl+Shift+M and edit this field putting your URL there.

Dont forget to save it 🙂 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi,

I saw it as you have specified but the message was only the heading.I want to add the url to the background message atttached.How will i go about it?Kindly assist

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please provide a screenshot of your scmessage, (pm, 314)

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Attached is the screenshot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

OK, so that's not it. 🙂

Can you show a screen shot of (pm, 315) and (pm,3001)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Attached

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

1. Go to Database Manager

2. In Table enter: htmltemplates

3.  At the QBE select the one at the top: htmltemplates

4. Scroll down, find and select IM Close

5. Click the tab HTML Source

6. Is this the type of email you're trying to modify with the URL to external site?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

HI,

I dont have html template in database manager...See attached

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you give us a screenshot of the Notification record of "IM Resolved"

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Attached is the notification for IM resolved

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

So your screenshot is NOT database manager. Do you have a Service Manager Command Line box? If so type in the letters db then hit enter. You should be at Database Manager. Once your'e there follow my steps........

Also, tell me what version this is? I want to know RTE and Apps version.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.