Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Need Assistance Enabling Configuration Item Changes for operators

Our system was not setup to have a profile for operators to be assigned that would allow them to create/delete configuration items outside of a few specific ones. 

I am working in my test environment to clear some error messages after I attempted to create this profile myself / give the users the appropriate permissions.

We are getting the error message:

Process panel get.action in RAD display encountered error in line 10 (display,get.action)

The CI is still created, but this error comes up everytime.

Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to add the ability to delete CI's to their profiles as well.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Ben Emes

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Need Assistance Enabling Configuration Item Changes for operators

Hello Benemes,

hope you are doing fine.

Could you please send the exactly steps to follow? when this message starts?

is this happening on web or client?

could you please attach an screenshot?

Please provide more details.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The message appears after you hit save when you've filled out all the required details for the new CI that was being created. 

Happening in the Web client.  Have not confirmed if it also happens in the local client because only us administrators have access to the local client.

Screenshots attached for your reference.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

please take a look on this link:

http://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-Service-Manager-Service/identify-operators-with-the-abiliity-to-read-Configuration-Item/m-p/6695643#M124858

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

This article had some useful information in it.

I added the capability keywords ICMAdmin and Inventory Management to a test user role and assigned that to my test operator.  This still did not allow CI's to be deleted and the error message still shows up.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.