Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Need automated DST changes in Service Manager

Jump to solution

Hi

We need to make automated dst changes in servrvice manager . Please kinldy help me . And also i have attached the file with we are doing currently in manual.

Our requirement is to make DST changes to be automated
Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Hi John

Thanks for the reply i got the solution . It works fine for me

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member..

DST changes are already automatic in SM, based on the tzfile settings for the change over dates for each timezone. 

You forgot your attachment.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi John

Currently we are doing the changes in maps. Pleaswe find the attachment

0 Likes
Absent Member..
  1. Those appear to be timezone adjustments, not daylight savings time changes.
  2. The open time should be set by the system, not passed as a date time value in the event. Just use the expression:

open.time in $axces.target=tod()

That should not even be necessary. The open time will be automatically populated even if you don't include it in the mapping.

The displayed time will automatically be adjusted to the display timezone of the current operator based on the timezone specified in their operator record. if null, it will use the timezone specified in the System information record.

0 Likes
Absent Member..
Hi John
Good . I will try to use your expression and will do the testing .
I would like to know what will be the meaning of this below expression
open.time in $axces.target=open.time in $axces.target+'04:00:00'
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Are you actually mapping the open.time from the system from which the open event is being sent? 

Is that system running on a different timezone?

It could be that they decided to try to pass the open from from the source system to SM as the SM open time and are adjusting for the time difference between them. 

• I don't know of any circumstance where I would recommend this.
  • Instead, you could add a new field to capture the orig.system.open.time (or such) and map the external system time to that field.
  • But the open.time really should be the time the record was opened in SM. It will auto-populate if you don't map it.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi John

Are you actually mapping the open.time from the system from which the open event is being sent?
yes

Is that system running on a different timezone?
yes

We have an Netcool interface which connects to Service Manager , That interface is running in other time zone . So at that point our service manager is down and Netcool interface create some of the IM tickets open at different timezone and that tickets will not passes to our Service Manager.when our service manager is up , there will be some delay of 1 hour .

when i use expression open.time in $axces.target=tod(). It will be some conflict with open.time . Because of that we had use expression open.time in $axces.target=open.time in $axces.target+'04:00:00' .So whenever daylight saving changes we used to change the expression $axces.target=open.time in $axces.target+'04:00:00' or $axces.target=open.time in $axces.target+'05:00:00'. Now we have to automate those instead of manually we go and change the vaules in the expression

Please kindly let me know your thoughts to automate this process

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi John

Thanks for the reply i got the solution . It works fine for me

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.