Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Need help creating Virtual Join table on array field

Hi All,

I need help or if there is an example of this that someone can point me to.

In Change Module there is an array field Affected CIs (assets) that links to logical.name. I need to create a Virtual Join that also brings other related values in a table format like Subtype, Status etc.
 I created a VJ and placed the fields in the link cm3r line assets, but it only puts data in the first line of the VJ table, I guess because of arrays involved.

I am also getting this error "unable to convert key to datum in searchCondition() (display,show.rio)"

Can someone please guide me on the best approach to get this done. The use of popup has been rejected by customer.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

No one has any idea?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

As you asked, the solution in the other case should work fine on this also. Just change the fields that are linked from device.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Fill-an-array-on-change-record-post-expression-in-link-file/td-p/5773533

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I looked but cant get the right approach. Can you help me write the code for lets say subtype field, where the assets entry will add a subtype and if removed then will remove that subtype also

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hello,

Did you get a solution?

I'm facing the same problem.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't have the need to create the virtual join - but I do see the error about unable to convert key to datum; have been seeing this since hp sm 7.11 patch 18 or 19.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.