Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need to set “Install Issue Details” as default tab when When choosing the category as Install.

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement like,

When choosing the Install category as Install, make the tab “Install Issue Details” as default tab.

Currently, how it is working is, if I select "install", by default "Attachments" tab is expanded.

For this I have tried with display option. In the Display Option PRERAD I set a condition like cursor.field.name.set("field.name in TAB").

But still it is not working as expected.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts or suggestions

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amitha M

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Need to set “Install Issue Details” as default tab when When choosing the category as Install.

Hello Amitha,

could you please be a bit more specific in which module you are trying to achieve the setting of a default tab.

Describe your exact Steps, that makes is easier to understand your issue. Which exact syntax did you try for cursor.field.name.set ?

Additionally: which SM version do you have?

Best regards,

Heike

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Need to set “Install Issue Details” as default tab when When choosing the category as Install.

Hi Heike,

Thank you for your response.

category is a drop down in Subform of Incident Management.,

Install Details is a notebook tab.  similarly, have other notebook tabs too.  

Now requirement is like, When choosing the category as Install, default to the “Install Details” tab.

The order of tabs might be any. but it should default to Install details tab.

I have used function cursor.field.name.set to set the cursor. But it is not working as expected.

Currently I am having Service Manager 9.41 version.

Thanks & Regards,

Amitha M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Amitha,

does the field you're trying to set the cursor to occur on multiple tabs ? This could be a problem, because it will set the cursor to the first tab SM finds the field on.

To make sure you're using the right syntax: what's exact syntax you use for cursor.field.name.set ?

e.g. cursor.field.name.set("address")

Best regards,

Heike

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I've created a small KM document about usage of cursor.field.name.set : https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM02688389

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Heike,

Thanks for your reply and I am not able to login the link and it showing the error "You don't have permission".

Thanks & Regards,

Amitha M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Amitha,

you need to sign in with your user and password to be able to see that document. You may try this link: 

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02688389

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.