Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Need to view older updates too as it works in journal updates

Hi,

I have created  a field where HPOO is passing its journal updates in that text field in CM module. This integration is through Webservices SOAP. Now the issue is current update is visible but the older entries are overwritten with the new entries.

Please guide me how can i have both the new and old endtries visible to the user.

Appreciate your guidance. Its somewhat urgent.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Need to view older updates too as it works in journal updates

@prath,

I just tried following SOAP request by curl, it will append the updates instead of replace:

curl -XPOST -H "Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8" -H "SOAPAction: "Update"" -H "Authorization: Basic ZmFsY29uOjE=" -d "<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' xmlns:ns='http://schemas.hp.com/SM/7'>    <soapenv:Header/>    <soapenv:Body>       <ns:UpdateIncidentRequest attachmentInfo='false' attachmentData='false' ignoreEmptyElements='true'>          <ns:model>             <ns:keys>   		<ns:IncidentID>IM10002</ns:IncidentID> 	   </ns:keys>             <ns:instance>              <Urgency type='String'>2</Urgency> 	      <ns:JournalUpdates>   		  <ns:JournalUpdates>Another update to the activity log, but    reassigning back to the raising group</ns:JournalUpdates>                </ns:JournalUpdates> 	    </ns:instance>          </ns:model>       </ns:UpdateIncidentRequest>    </soapenv:Body> </soapenv:Envelope>" "http://localhost:13951/SM/7/"

You may check the difference compare to your request.

Let me know if it helps,

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Ling,

Thankyou for the reply, but I need to see if this works in Change Mnagement. I am aware that Journal Update is in IM and we do not have Journal update in CM.

Hence i introduced a new text field where HPOO cn opulate their journal updates into the field, But as below mentioned the updates get overwirtten with new updates and the old ones are not visible any more.

I need both the previous and new entries .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Then you need to check how the Journal Update works in Incident module. 

Genernally, you have to have code in the webservice configuration for Change, and include expressions like below:2017-02-14_16-46-32.jpg

which stores the updates in the temp and copy back and combine old and new.

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Consider playing around with the "Expressions" on the ExtAccess record for Change Management. These expressions are execute before the incoming record is parsed to the view engine, so you might be able to merge the data from the incoming record with the target record - or at least combine the two into another field.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Ling and Josh,

Thanks for the reply,

I tried writing the code similair to IM under expression tab but i am unable to figure it out for what i need to write for

1. $G.pm.global.environment

2.$pmc.details

3.journal.pm 

IM-Webservice
cleanup($apm.activity);cleanup($pmc.actions);if same(update.action in $L.file, update.action in $L.file.save) then ($L.need.to.update=true)
if journal.pm in $G.pm.global.environment then (journal.pm.order in $G.pm.global.environment=nullsub(journal.pm.order in $G.pm.global.environment, 1);$pmc.details=nullsub(action in $L.file.save, {})+{"*** Past Updates ***"}+nullsub(update.action in $L.file.save, {});$pmc.actions=nullsub(update.action in $L.file)) else ($pmc.details=nullsub(action in $L.file.save, {""});$pmc.actions=nullsub(update.action in $L.file, {""}))
if ($pmc.details={}) then ($pmc.details={""});if ($pmc.actions={}) then ($pmc.actions={"no update provided"})
update.action in $L.file=update.action in $L.file.save
if (status in $L.file.save~="closed" and status in $L.file.save~="resolved") then ($apm.activity="external update")
if ($L.need.to.update=true) then ($pmc.actions=NULL)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM-webservice
cleanup($cm.activity);cleanup($cm.update);if same(X.journal in $L.file, X.journal in $L.file.save) then ($L.need.to.update=true)
if journal.pm in $G.pm.global.environment then (journal.pm.order in $G.pm.global.environment=nullsub(journal.pm.order in $G.pm.global.environment, 1);$pmc.details=nullsub(action in $L.file.save, {})+{"*** Past Updates ***"}+nullsub(X.journal in $L.file.save, {});$cm.update=nullsub(X.journal in$L.file)) else ($pmc.details=nullsub(action in $L.file.save, {""})$cm.update=nullsub(X.journal in $L.file, {""}))
if ($pmc.details={}) then ($pmc.details={""});if ($cm.update={}) then ($cm.update={"no update provided"})
X.journal in $L.file=X.journal in $L.file.save
if (status in $L.file.save~="closed" and status in $L.file.save~="resolved") then ($cm.activity="external update")
if ($L.need.to.update=true) then ($cm.update=NULL)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you can help/advise me with the correct code.

Thanks,

Somali Dutta

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Can anyone provide me with some input on the above issue. This is quiet urgent for me to have the journal update working in CM as it works in IM module.

Thanks,

Somali Dutta

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.