Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

New Link File

Jump to solution

Hi,

I created new table "customTable" and new link file "customTable". Where and how can i relate this new link file to my created table?

Regards,
Ainer

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: New Link File

Jump to solution

The problem's not your link; it's your format.  You have the Form Element type on the ow.id field as a Text instead of a ComFill.  You haven't told the tool you want to use the Find/Fill button on that field.  

In Form Designer, delete the text field you've got on ow.id and replace it with the ComFill Form Element

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

What version of HPSM are you on?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I'm on HP SM 9.41

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Then you shouldn't have to do anything.  Create a form, associate that form with the dbdict (in Form Designer, from the More menu, select 'Filename' and enter in the name of the custom table) and the link record should automatically associate itself with your new table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thats what i did exactly but it didn't help. I have no idea what should i do more.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

can you create an unload of your dbdict, your link record and your form and attach it here?

Or, if not, can you paste a screenshot of your dbdict, your link record, and the format detail view of your form (in Form Designer, select your form and from the menu, select Format Detail)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Here are the files.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

The problem's not your link; it's your format.  You have the Form Element type on the ow.id field as a Text instead of a ComFill.  You haven't told the tool you want to use the Find/Fill button on that field.  

In Form Designer, delete the text field you've got on ow.id and replace it with the ComFill Form Element

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you, that solved the issue.
I thought the link file will be automatically associated to the new table and it doesn't depend on formats i use, but now it's clear to me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.