Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

New Module in Service manager

Jump to solution

Experts

I need one suggestion, I am planning to create a new module requirement. so what are the technical aspects i need to look at ?

I think i need to look at dbdict(new table), FD,FC, Links,display option, Menu, User Profiles, capabilitiy words,notification and reports. 

I am missing something ??

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: New Module in Service manager

Jump to solution

The attached doc includes a section specifically about configuring a custom module in PD.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Start wtih a new Document Engine Object. By using an Object, you get the capablities to configure queues and views, call notifications, etc.  with a lot less work. It saves a lot of time.

You can copy the DEFAULT object to start and modify as needed. 

In a 9.4x Codeless system, there is a guide for adding confifureing a new PD module available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Deepesh,

First thing you need to create is a object,Inside the object you can create you own states.processes,Display screens and Display options.I will recommend to use some out of the box states i.e db.view and db.search which will help you initially and later on create your own states,processes.You missed Object record.

Thanks

Jagabandhu padhy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks John and Jababandhu for the response.

@John Stagaman  i am using 9.40 only, can you please share the PD document or the link for the same.

@Jagabandhu thanks for the suggestion , i will try to use OOB states and process.

Deepesh Tak

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The attached doc includes a section specifically about configuring a custom module in PD.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks @John Stagaman

I have a one more query if you dont mind.

This is regarding licensing strategy for new module. I understand in sm licenses works based on the modules, so what will be the case when we build new custom modules ??

Thanks in advance..

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Users of the custom module fall under the login licenses/foundation.

Note that building a custom module to avoid licensing a product module that provides the same functionality can be an issue (e.g. modifying incident to allow catalog-based requests and fulfillment flows to be implemented without using SRC or Request). But so long as that's not the case, I don't think there are any issues. I've built a custom on-call module, for example, that was integrated into the OOB modules.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for explaination @John Stagaman

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.