Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

New Timezones added to SM

If there are new timezones created globally, will there be an update provided by MF?  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: New Timezones added to SM

Hi Kate,

In my personal opinion i would say yes, there should be, but if you want to be 100% sure, I would suggest you to ask directly to develop team opening a ticket support.

Hope it helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

From what I experienced in the past, they are added into releases. There were some customers who were on older versions, which missed out on the TZ updates in newer versions.

The workaround was to create their own pair of TZ records.

You can log a Support ticket like Carlos mentioned if you are interested in a specific TZ change. Or submit an enhancement request in the new SMA Idea Exchange to be sure the TZ update gets in.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I think will be some problem in Java with you own time zone created in SM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

When we had the timezone issue, we didn't have any problems with Java as SM gets its TZ info from the timezone records. I know some products actually uses the TZ info from the Java tables but I don't think SM does that.  As always, testing is the best way to confirm it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just now i have problem like this.

I get error messages in log for TomCat

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.