New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

New probsummary form

Hello.

I'm trying to develop some kind of "work order" for incidents. I want SM to open a new form from a button in im.incident.subform.main. I have already created a new form to show some fields from probsummary and I'm trying to show it from a button but every time I try to open it, it shows the old one.

Thank you in advance,

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sounds like you are after the alternate forms functionality. Do a search on "alternate forms"  and you should find a lot of hits on it. Used for special forms for special users or as a workaround for printing.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes, that exactly what I want: print work orders from one incident record. I've tryed to make a report, but I don't know how.

I've have made a button to call that "work order", but still have some issues: Images don't print and I would like to call the new form with out having to select it from the list shown after clicking in "Forms". I don't know how to pass the parameter to call the new form.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Cima,

Use these as guides. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM41837 and John's solution's in http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Service-Manager-Support-Customer/Customised-Printing/m-p/5509149#M612.

I used those as guides to get around a printing problem of a customer. She did not like the printing out of the box which was print was you see, so I created an alternate form for her with the fields she wanted to see.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you.

I already have that solution working (with one or two minor issues). But I have a image in that form and, when I print the alternate form, the image doesn't get printed.

Also, the fields position and size are wrong. Some are too big, some are in wrong place.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I haven't try printing form with images. It's suppose to print based on what you see is what you get. Does trying different picture format makes any difference. e.g. png, jpg, gif? Or different printer ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.