Trusted Contributor.. goodja Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Non-responsive navigation menu in web/ESS

Jump to solution

We have users intermittently unable to open anything from the left-side navigation menu in either the full web client or in ESS. They can expand any navigation trees, but when clicking on any of the menu options to make it display in the main menu on the right, nothing happens. The user currently having the issue is using Internet Explorer 11, and the cache, cookies, etc have all been cleared. In the past, when users have had this issue, it mysteriously clears up on its own after some time, but I've been tasked with figuring out the cause and finding a real solution other than "try a different browser until it starts working again." Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Non-responsive navigation menu in web/ESS

Jump to solution

I had another user with the same issue, and this one worked with me. The solution we found was making sure his browser was set to 100% zoom.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Ngoc_Ngo_SM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Would you please let me know if you have change the browser and does the error happen on the new browser? Have you checked if your version of browser is compatible with your version of SM?

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Kiran Amarnani Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer here, it ll help others too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.
Regards,
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

sadly, i'm still waiting on the user who had the issue to reply. if i ever get an answer, i'll be sure to update here!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Can you tell me:

1. The Service Manager server RTE version?

2. The Service Manager Webtier version

3. What is the application server deploying the webtier? (i.e. Tomcat, Websphere, etc)

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

App Version: 9.31.0022

RTE Version: 9.31.2004

Webtier Version: 9.30.116

Apache Tomcat 6.0.35

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Upgrade your webtier to match 9.31. Do not leave it at 9.30. Then monitor the situation

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I had another user with the same issue, and this one worked with me. The solution we found was making sure his browser was set to 100% zoom.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.