Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not able to delete the incident and its associated relationships from HP SM UI

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using user name "falcon" to login to HP SM. By mistake I have added one problem to one incident. So now that problem is related to that incident. I want to remove that. I do not have any way to delete that relationship.

Also I want to delete that incident itself.

Could any one please let me know how to delete any Incident and its Relationship from HP SM UI ?

Thanks,

Abhiram

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Not able to delete the incident and its associated relationships from HP SM UI

Jump to solution
Hi arbarik,
Use database manager and search for respective table using "administrative mode" check box.
now select any form you used to display a ticket and use 'delete' button to delete the record permanently.

hth,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Not able to delete the incident and its associated relationships from HP SM UI

Jump to solution
Hi,

To delete ant relationship right click on form and choose related->incident->view here you can do the same.

hth,
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

I am able to delete the relationships.

Can I delete the Incident also ? I want t delete few incidents, problem and changes.

Please let me know if there is any way to do that .

Thanks,

Abhiram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi arbarik,
Use database manager and search for respective table using "administrative mode" check box.
now select any form you used to display a ticket and use 'delete' button to delete the record permanently.

hth,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The method via database manager in admin mode works fine, but be carefull.

You should only use it for table without connections / relations to other tables.

probsummary f.e., might be related to incidents, problems, changes via screlation. These relations will not be deleted and you will have inconsistences in your database.

The same with activity-tables: if you use activities, they will remain in the system.

and scheduled records for this system , and approvals, and sysattachments and so on...

In Production system, we will NEVER delete Tickets, we only close it. If there these tickets are not relevant for reporting, we will mark them f.e. with closurecode obsolete.

in development system or testsystem or for preparing trainingssystem we sometimes have to delete tickets.

in this case we only use the purge utility with datamap=true and this works fine.

F.e. an unload script "purge PM" deletes problems, problemtasks, related knownerrors, incidents, knownerrortasks, the entries in screlation, sysattachments. And in condition we can set the right Filter.

in ootb system not all related systems (f.e. sysattachments) are datamapped, therefore we had to learn to expand to other necessary tables. And we use this since 1 year.

in the first view datamapping seemed to be very complicated, but Help gave a good start to understand it.

Regards wilfried

p.s last year I found a useful document in itrc, with ID 1159366. search for "example datamap for probsummary" in archived itrc community. it shows a complete datamapping.

But you have to study the help-articles to understand.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

is there any way to recover the deleted incident record from the database ?

Thanks in advance,

Albin

@Piku wrote:
Hi arbarik,

hth,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.