Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Not able to update affected press field of RFC's

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue while updating an RFC in closure phase. The version of SM that I am using is 9.40.

The press's I am adding after clicking the update button is getting removed when I click on the save & Exit option. Whatever update I give for all other fields except this affected pressing is getting saved.

Issue is only with Affected press field.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello 

since you say that you are using version 9.40 and you are talking about phases, i assume that you have your action inserted inside the action of that workflow.

what process or code are you trying to use to update this field, is it a ruleset inside it or something else.

could you please share this information to get a better view 

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yeah , When I update any of the field(expect affected press) in a closed change with the update button, I could see activity table with type as updated and description as- updated by - user name.

If I add new press via the same method, the activity table will show that an update has occurred but the change won't save the newly added presses.

Is there any way to get them saved in the particular change.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Your updating a "closed" record? by logic, you should be updating an active record. Just a question before any troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

This update option is not implemented by us. it's out of Box.

This update option is useful when someone forgot to add a press or any details in a change and they should be able to update change though it is closed.

But here in my requirement if I update the affected press of a closed change it is not getting saved. It will get disappear after the save and exit. Rest of the other fields are working fine.

Could you please suggest me a solution to fix this issue or where I can find the implementation for this update option.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Sandhu, there is something strange; Closed changes (closure phase) are not editable in the OOB... anyway, considering it's only this field with problem I'd recommend you to delete it from the form, save the form, return to the form and add it again.. I faced a strange issue while ago and after hours reading trace files I realized that SM was confused about the field type and this solved the problem. I suppose in my case the field data store in format table got corrupted somehow.. worthy and fast to try.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yes you are right. Closed changes are not editable. But we can edit the change when we click on the update option. I will explain you the issue that I am facing now.

I am clicking the update option of a closed change. And adding a few more presses, the newly added ones and the already existing presses(except the first press) will get removed when I click on the save and exit button. When I open the change again I could see only the first press in the affected press field.

Could you please provide me a solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I didn't understand the scenario. As far as I know this update option of a closed change is not OOB. Also I don't know what is this you are calling presses.. If you provide some screen shots with the steps you are doing and the error I will try to help you.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I have attached the image of update option.

Press refers to affected press.

The affected press field will become editable when I click on the update button.

Suppose  I saved the change by adding some more presses to that field.

I will be able to see only the BP01 as press . I mean to say the rest of the affected presses that I have added previously will get disappeared. So it will accept only the first press whatever I am giving in this update.

But I am able to update the rest of the fields in the change via this update option.

And also given below is a RAD Expression I got from the process - cm.update.save.submit

if $L.continue then ($L.sch.filename="cm3r";$L.qry.num=number in $L.file;$L.saveCis={};if (not (null(logical.name in $L.file))) then (1 in $L.saveCis=logical.name in $L.file);if (lng(denull(assets in $L.file))>0) then ($L.saveCis=$L.saveCis+denull(assets in $L.file)))

Could you please tell me is this something related to the issue

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.