Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Notification - Approval of Change Management

Jump to solution
Hi All,

I'm using SM9.2 in Windows server.

The problem I face is where the second change approver wouldn't get notified after the first change approver has approve the ticket.

The OOB statement below in ChM Change Approval doesn't work:-

approval.status in $L.file="pending" and current.pending.groups in $L.file~=current.pending.groups in $L.file.save

I've tried putting it on ChM Change Update but it doesn't work too. I've tested out many times and doubled checked the approval, operator email, notification.

One of the solution i thought of is to create a new variable to store the old current.pending.groups and using that to validate to send out notification.

Is there any alternatives?
Does anyone knows how to copy the current.pending.groups field into another new variable?

Thanks.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

i've used the macro for notifications as well, but for this specific Approval email I was able to make it work using notifications with no issues.

the following condition was used.

approval.status in $L.file="pending" and not same(current.pending.groups in $L.file, current.pending.groups in $L.file.save)

Recipients=current.pending.groups in $L.file

Group File=cm3groups

Group Area=all

i also set this ChM Change Approval and Update.

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for you replies piku and sam..

Sam i will check with your conditon and try my luck..

Regards,

Madhu

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi All,

Can you please provide the screenshots guide after raising a change request the mail should be trigger to an approval .

But in our case , the approval not getting any email notifications for a change request.

Provide screenshots guide is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.