Honored Contributor.. Blue_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Notification on Incident Closure

When Resolved Incidents are closed by a schedule record. The related interaction record also closes. So far so good, but i receive 2 emails one for closure of interactiona and another for Incident. The incident email is weird because we dont use macros

Incident IM1234567 has been updated.Incident macro mail format in IM environment not found, please notify HP Service Manager Administrator.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. MuzaffarAli Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Notification on Incident Closure

Can you share your version details? how you have configured email notifications? is it using Rulesets or Notifications?

Regards

Muzaffar

Honored Contributor..

We are using version 9.41 codeless. We are calling Notifications from RuleSets. But i dont see any macros being used anywhere in our workflow. I checked the macro section, there are no macros set for interaction or Incident.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

You can follow below steps to troubleshoot this,

1. Open your workflow from Process Designer menu, then click on the Workflow Properties-> then Rule Sets tab and look for any Rulesets which is triggering this notification under each action tab On Add, On Update etc.. . once you are sure that this notification is not being triggered from this place, then follow the 2nd step.

2. Here you have to do 2 check basically 1 at the scmessages(as you are getting the 1 line email notification) and another at Notification(Note) record.

3. From DB -> type file name as 'scmessage' and try to search for the text you are receiving in your email notification using wild cards(i.e like '*') combinations.

4. once you locate the 'scmessage' record then note down the 'message number'.

5. Now access Notification search screen by typing 'note' in SM command line or from menu Navigation.

6. Enter the Message numbers you gather in step 4 in "Msg. No: field and search for it, then SM will provide you with list of Notification records frrom which you can easy figure it out which is "active" used for the incidents module, then you can make it false and check.

7. Final check you can do by accessing the 'probsummary' object record from Tailoring Tools->Document Engine -> Objects.

8. If still you are unable to find out let me know.

I am hearing....

Best Regards

Muzaffar

Trusted Contributor..

Is there any patch applied on you HP SM 9.41?

Regards

Muzaffar

Honored Contributor..

The scmeesage is a combination of the below 2

Class: pm, Message Number: 4
Class: pm, Message Number: 307

and these are called from the RAD applicatiojn

application: macro.mailproblem1 (panel: message.build.3)
application: macro.mailproblemmany (panel: message.build.3)

But i am not sure where these RAD applications are called from and how to disable these emails from being generated. 

I have noticed, these emails are generated for Incidents where Notify By is Email.

We are usging HPSM Codeless version 9.41.3016 build P3

0 Likes
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Dear, Did u find solution for this one, i m getting same for SM9.61 P1. Let me know if you find rootcause or solution for this.

Reg,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I think i found a workaround to solve this issue, issue is coming form RAD which is called by OOB rule set to autoclose incident, application: macro.mailproblem1 (panel: message.build.3) , application: macro.mailproblemmany (panel: message.build.3).

So i wrote a trigger on event out to check for email with subject "Service Manager Mail" and delete it. Its working good with me, Hope this cna help you and anyone else who is facing similar issue.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.