Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Number of hits on a km document: Pull a report to get total number of hits on a km document.

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I am looking for pulling a report to get total number of hits on a km document. I see that the number of hits is capatured in the table km search history.

I see that there are 3 tables which captures usage type and total number of hits.

kmsearchhistory : here total number of hits are captured

kmusagestats : here type of usage count and view count is captured.

kmusagehistory: here type of usage along with the km id is captured.

Can i pull a report where number of hits from the kmsearchhistory and km id from kmusagehistory can be pulled combining the two tables.

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again,

Usage statistics are recorded in the table kmusagestats. The field useage.count is incremented when a solution is used (when the "Use Solution" button is clicked from an incident or interaction), and similarily the view.count gets incremented when a document is viewed.

So I guess you need only these fields to achieve the report. Not tried myself but I think it  should work..? 🙂

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolved your issue, please be sure
to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please also give kudo if you find it interesting 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi maheshkrishna,

I think that is updated when a user hits USE SOLUTION.

User got to that point from being in an incident Or interaction, and click search knowledge and finding an answer. then clicking the use solution button on top of form

And the tables are:

Kmusagestats

Kmsearchhistory

kmusagehistory

HP Support
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Thanks for your response.

Can you please breif on how exactly the kmid is captured in kmusagehistory table. As I was trying to link kmsearchhistory and kmusagehistory tables to pull the report for number of hits on a particular km id.

In any ways does "id" field in kmsearchhistory (eg: KMSCHHIST10) lnked to "km id" field in kmusagehistory (eg: KM0037)

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Mahesh,

Please take the following steps to able to export the hits from a KM document.

1. Type db in the command line.

2.Search for the form. IE: kmsearchhistory.

3.Click on Search.

4. Do a Mass Unload.

Hope the information is helpful for you!

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again,

Usage statistics are recorded in the table kmusagestats. The field useage.count is incremented when a solution is used (when the "Use Solution" button is clicked from an incident or interaction), and similarily the view.count gets incremented when a document is viewed.

So I guess you need only these fields to achieve the report. Not tried myself but I think it  should work..? 🙂

HP Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Thank you Dimitar.

That solves the issue...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.