Established Member.. Christopher Nel
Established Member..

OOTB Self Service Knowledge Search History Report - add the query text searched to report

OOTB Self Service Knowledge Search History Report - add the query text searched to report

Hi all,

I really like the idea of this report.  I want it though to show me what they searched for and couldn't find in the knowledge base.  Has anyone been able to adjust this report to make the actual text the user entered / searched on show up in this report?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Established Member..

Re: OOTB Self Service Knowledge Search History Report - add the query text searched to report

At the Table level it appears to be storing the data in the "query" blob field.  But when I tried to modify the OOTB report and add this field it's showing up empty for some reason.  I know there is data in the system though, so I must be doing something wrong and/or there is a limitation with Crystal reports and blob fields.

0 Likes
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: OOTB Self Service Knowledge Search History Report - add the query text searched to report

Hello Christopher,

hope you are doing fine.

could you please provide more details? I think I have not clear the idea. Ohterwise, what steps did you follow to configure the report? and what message is displayed?

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Chris,

One trick I use to check if a SM BLOB is stored in SM own format is to check on SQLserver/Oracle. I checked query of the KMSearchhistm1 table and sure enough, It's not text and not decipherable.

There is a possible solution. Make a copy of the table and experiment with that before you change the actual table. Have a look at 'How to remap one field or all arrays as multi-row array table, performance problems Document ID :KM961884'. If you can remap the query field to a text array, it will then be possible to report on the data. Good luck.

0 Likes
Established Member..

I really hate Oracle BLOB fields.  So much of our system is using these fields and I can't use them very well in any kind of reporting.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.