Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OVSD 4.5/SP19: Displaying uptime in an incident

Jump to solution
Hi All!

Here's the pipe dream of the week:

My boss wants to be able to display the percentage downtime that a CI has when opening up an incident. For example, the respective service level says 99% uptime. When a new incident is opened up, the system looks through all incidents for the current month, calculates the percentage uptime and if is less that the service level, the priority is increased.

Is this possible? If so, can someone give me a shove?

Regards,

jimmo
www.linux-tutorial.info
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: OVSD 4.5/SP19: Displaying uptime in an incident

Jump to solution
Hello James,

If you have defined an SLA in OVSD add a metric for Availability.
menes fhtagn

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hello James,

If you have defined an SLA in OVSD add a metric for Availability.
menes fhtagn

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Just an addition. Chances are that the primitive metrics OVSD 4.5 has built-in won't do what you want. In that case only using external tools you can accomplish what you want... i think!

menes fhtagn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hi!
I think you need to have a DB Trigger, which will check the old incidents for the same CI, calculate the % up time and update a custom filed in the new incident ticket.
I can't think of any other way to do this.

Ashly A K
http://geocities.com/helponhpopenview/
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Where can I find some details about defining the metrics. I found the place in the SLA where to define the metric. But some of the fields are unclear, what the system can do when minimum levels are not reached (send an Email) and so forth.
www.linux-tutorial.info
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.