Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

[Online Expert Day] Process Designer Buttons for Change Category / Change Phase

How do you add the buttons for 'Change Category' and 'Change Phase' to a new Workflow?  The buttons are available in the OOB workflows but I do not see any corresponding Ruleset. Please advise on how to add the buttons to a custom workflow.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on your question? Include steps or screenshots about what you want to accomplish.

Software Support Technical Consultant
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Please see the attached screenshot.  I am trying to figure out how add the 'Change Category' and 'Change Phase' buttons to my custom workflow.  Any advice is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is shown when the result of this condition form the display option is true:

$L.tableAccess.admin and $L.editable.flag and nullsub($G.ess, false)=false

I cannot see how this cannot be shown just on your customized workflow. I tested OOB created a model, then the workflow and its corresponding rulesets and finally the category and subcategory. When using my new workflow worked fine.

We will need more details to see what is wrong. If you can upload your files we can test with them and see if there is something wrong.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

I am currently on 9.34 P5 and just applied PDCP3.  My understanding is that once PDCP is applied then the Display Options are no longer used and that it must be reimplemented using Rule Sets.  But, your saying the Change Category display option is still in affect?

Can you please clarify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You are correct, but there actions that are also called from the do from what I can see OOB while testing.

Now, if that is not the case and you are sure this happens just with the workflows you created then please provide unloads of your configuration (workflow, categories, model, etc) needed to reproduce the behavior and we can review if there is any workflow based action or configuration affecting this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Since the Change Category button is visible for OOB Workflows ,there must be a Action that points to the Change Category Display Option.  Correct?  Which Action is this?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.