Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Open form with variable and persistent data

Hello.

Current work flow (not in SM) is - User opens Word document and copy-past there data from CI record of SM.

What do we need to do:

From opened CI press button that opened form with fixed data (data from word document) and with variables from current CI. Next step print it and back to current CI.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Open form with variable and persistent data

As I understand is to create a new button to open a CI form with them correspond information and transfer that in a Word file and print it. Am I correct?

If you can clarify this, it’s going to be great. But I think that this can be perform with a JavaScript and I think that it’s going to be easier with txt files.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

That's right, but i dont need tranfer it to Word. Just open form and print it.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

As I understand you want to create the template the guy need to paste at word in SM. U can create a wizard, inside the wizard u populate a variable as u want and show it in the form used by the wizard; and u call the wizard from a button (do or action in pd).. got it?
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes i need print my form from SM. This form contains only information i need.

I did try to use wizard, but wizard uses own form and my form as subformat, but i need print only my form.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You can set the format used by Wizard at tab Usage. You can set the sub format to display and even the display screen (you can create a new ds that shows exactly the form you want...)
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Acclaimed Contributor.

So, to just open my form from current opened form i should in DO for current form to set button to start wizard which opens created new DS where i set myform ?

Because USAGE tab have:

1) sub.format - if i set my form there then my form will displayed as subform (wizard's elements will be around my form)

2) FormName - have a drop down list (Small, Medium, Large,...)

3) display.screen

0 Likes
Nick_Karpushkin Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

In the displayscreen that you set for wizard you can set the form name that you want. This will make SM use your form without any additions.

HTH

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

unfortunately, even if you use this method, the opened form (with HTML-view) can not be printed.

0 Likes
Nick_Karpushkin Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Did you try to add the DO "Print" that is used for printing from some other displayscreen?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

This DO did add button "Print"

But this button do not send to printer anything. I press print and nothing happen.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.