Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Open specific form using se.search.engine

Hello!

I need to add a link in the ESS menu. I'm calling se.call.process from menu to open form that I need. In se.call.process I'm calling se.search.engine process, forming my query and trying to open specific form that I have created. But it's opening other form instead. Why it's acting like that? How should I open form that I need? Maybe there are ways to achieve that I need?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Open specific form using se.search.engine

What your form should display  ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

The format you want to display in should be associated with the filename.  Then set the Parameter Name column for the entry to {"name", "query"} and the Parameter Value column to {"yourformname", "querytoselectrecords"}

The ADMIN menu has an example of this for the System Information Record item in that menu if you need a specific example.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is it possible use only ?:

se.search.engine

{"name"}

{"yourformname"}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ALARMus, 

Form has table element with several columns. I have not used form designer. I want to show result in table element, even if only one record is returned

Randall,

Calling se.search.engine is working as calling se.call.process. No difference. i have noticed that the form that I have speciffied is showing when only one record is returned.

How can I force to show the form that I have specified in both cases?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ALARMus,

In this case search form of that table is opened. But I need to show only user related data without searching

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

May be you need use application=query.stored param.name={"name", "text"}

and param.value={"YourTable", "StoredQuery"}

You should set StoredQuery in querystored table and set there query to select records and form you need.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ALARMus,

Application query.stored is acting in the same way. If returned result has only one row then it's showing the form specified in querystored. Otherwise the form is different. Why result can be shown in different ways?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

aren't there both forms set - for a list and a single entry ?

I just looking for similar solution but i dont need query, just need open my form

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.