Absent Member.. vnarend Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Operator Addition in Bulk

Jump to solution

Hi All,

i have a requirement to load the operators and contacts with basic details.

Contacts: contact name, full name, empid, hpsmid, email address and mobile number

Operator with Operator ID, Contact, Assignment group, Security group, password, email and mobile number.

does import from text utility works in this scenario??

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Operator Addition in Bulk

Jump to solution

Well, a text import will work, but you're missing some key components for the operator record - like capability words, user profiles for the different modules, initial applicaiton (i.e. menu.manager), etc..

You could populate that with a formatctrl record instead of as part of your import file, but, without those other values populated in the operator record, you'll have an operator who can't actually log in and do anything.

You're missing values from the contacts table as well, but those are less critical.

So, I'd use either a formatctrl record and call it out explicitly in your file load, or populate additional fields within your file to get these users mass added.

5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Well, a text import will work, but you're missing some key components for the operator record - like capability words, user profiles for the different modules, initial applicaiton (i.e. menu.manager), etc..

You could populate that with a formatctrl record instead of as part of your import file, but, without those other values populated in the operator record, you'll have an operator who can't actually log in and do anything.

You're missing values from the contacts table as well, but those are less critical.

So, I'd use either a formatctrl record and call it out explicitly in your file load, or populate additional fields within your file to get these users mass added.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your reply,

my basic requirement to is to send email and SMS to the operators they do not need any access to SM, as they are field operators.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

... If they don't need access to HPSM, why are you creating operator records for them?  The purpose of an operator record is to allow a user access to HPSM - that's what it's for.  If these users are never going to access the system, if they are never going to make updates to a record, if they are never actually going to _be_ operators in HPSM, why bother entering them in the first place?

Seems like you're going out of your way to use the tool in a way it wasn't intended... It's your implementation, not mine, but I'd question the logic of operator records who won't ever actually be operators in the tool.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Jacob,

I do agree with you, My customer requirement is not to give access to the third party people (contracters), but they should be part of assignment groups, once any incident is assigned to them, they should receive Email and SMS, once they fix the issue they will report NOC Team either by phone/email. NOC team will update and resolves the ticket.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If SM access is not required and user will not login at all then simply bulk upload the operator after contact records.
No need to worry about the profile, capability word, menu setting etc. Simply ensure fill of name,login id and assignment group type mandatory fields. To avoid any security breach handle the password of such operators as well like by setting some complex one for all.
After upload ensure that assignment group has also been synched with operator records.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.