Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Options for Notebook Tabs Read Only vs Editable

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make certain Notebook tabs (the tab’s are populated with subforms) read only, while leaving other Notebook tab’s editable?

We are using 9.40 with PD and it seems that my options are:
1. Entire form
2. Field by field

Currently our main form is read only based on conditions in the corresponding display screen, and then even if editable, we have some fields that are read-only. This is all pretty standard. What I would like to avoid is putting read only conditions on every field.

Thanks for any input!
Andy-
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I don't know of a way to do it. The OOB build uses subforms for most tabs and once the change is past a phase where that section should be editable. a read-only version of the subform is used, but that doesn't sound like what you're looking for. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.