Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Parent Incident

Hi to all. I'm using HPSM 9.41 and have any questions.

I have a parent and several child incidents. I would like to synchronize the phases / statuses and other attributes of the child incidents when the parent incident changes. In the System Navigator Click Incident Management > Administration > Settings and select Close Child Incidents when Parent Incident closed in Parent Incident Relationship Model. But it does not work. How I can do this ?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Parent Incident

Hi,

I had a similar request from customer, what i did is by creating a "run action" ruleset  and put it to the workflow rule set tab under "after successful update". I'm not sure if this is the best practice but it work for my customization. 

you can check out the OOB workflow and ruleset below:

workflow
streamlined service desk

ruleset
sd.streamlined.sync.status.to.fulfill

Regards

WC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello.

If you have record in screlation table for your relation, then you can add some script (start it from FC or trigger) where search for related incidents and "close" it (change status)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

base on the relation between your records (maybe screlation or task plan tables) you can create a JS that

select all children

for each one update the requested fields

save the update

here is an example

var child=new SCFile("childrenTable")

var rq=child.doSelect(" CONDITION BASE ON PARENT ID")  <== can be ("parent.id=\"" + record.number +"\"") as you will run it from the parent record

while (rq==RC_SUCCESS)

{

child.status="new status";

child.<attribute>=<value>;

child.doUpdate() ;  <== or child.doAction("save") depending on if you want WF rule to be ran

rq=child.getNext(); <== to go to the next child

}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

From the request, I understand they need a reverse action than what you suggested.

Usually when you change status in "child"? then this status should be set to "parent". Or if "parent" have a several "child", then transfer status in "parent" after all "child" resolved (for example). It's depending on business logic.

-So script must be started after status of "child" changed.

-Then search for "parent" id and search for other "child" for this "parent" id.

- Check status of all "child"

- If all of them in resolved\closed\.... (other you need) then set in "parent" flag (let's call it something like - "all related child are resolved\closed") to true.

- And use some trigger for such flag in "parent" to do with it what you need (you can use this flag also for notification)

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

I may have missunderstood what is needed.
but yeah, this is the right thing to do.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Anyway the methods are same, only the data transfer direction changes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

You must contact your partner who installing your software, I think they broke out-of-the-box workflow.

It's a "good" practice in Russia to change field with ID record in Incident and probsummary tables.

You could write me a private message and I will try to help you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.