Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Parent and Child ticket relationship update

we need to apply feature when the Master incident is set to Resolved, HPSM will also set the Child cases to resolved. Then Master ticket can be closed only after all child has been closed. Is there any possible ways or guides to configure these requirements?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Parent and Child ticket relationship update

Easiest I guess is running a wizard that on "Resolve" of the Master that will update all related incident tickets (update some fields, set them to resolved). That way, you can easily extend, and also allow user interaction during the Resolve process.

for the closure, you can simply use the combo Query / Validation, where you search for any related incidents (in the screlation table) that aren't closed, and fail validation if the $filen has a value.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Josh, Thanks for the advise. Is there any guides or samples i could follow? As i am quite new to HPSM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you give more detail. What table are used which of them master ...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.